Friday, September 1, 2017

Nobody's Golf



Wow, it's already been a week since I last updated.  I need to set a routine.  I've had some health stuff going on and it's been on my mind constantly.  ANYWAY.

Tuesday, I picked up 'Yakuza Kiwami' and 'Everybody's Golf' for the PS4.  I played a little bit of Yakuza, and it feels like straight up 'Yakuza 0'.  Like a very direct continuation of that game (although my favorite save point was missing in Kiwami).  Mostly though I've been digging 'Everybody's Golf'.  Known up until now as 'Hot Shots Golf' in the US, but always known as Everybody's Golf overseas.  The game is very easily accessible.  It's the same three tap system golf games have used for thirty years (or a two tap system for beginners), and getting to actual gameplay is fast and straightforward.  BUT the clubs level up alongside your player, and to greater effect.  For example, my driver might be leveling up quickly on power, but not as quickly on control, while my sand wedge might have great control, but is slower to level on power.  It's pretty engaging and fun to watch your clubs level up, but it kinda bones beginners.  I had played an hour or so alone, then played with a friend who was about eight hours into the game.  He had the ability to outdrive me by 80 yards because his power was leveled up way past mine.  My best score with my normal player was -4 on a 9 hole round.  I tried using a maxed out player in a multiplayer mode, and my first 9 hold round I was -12 just because I was maxed out!  My clubs were all the best they could be.  Even my wife, who hasn't played a golf game in 15 years, and even then only one or two rounds, got two birdies with her maxed out player.  So the game is a bit lopsided in that aspect, but still very charming and fun.  I gotta unlock a cart and fishing ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment