Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Agents of Mayhem Day One Post



I use Gamepedia to track my physical game purchases.  Today, I picked up 'Agents of Mayhem' for the PS4.  First time in a while that I've bought a game on release day.  I also packed up 'Ever Oasis' to mail to a friend because after a couple months, I just know I'll never touch it again, and I'm looking at only getting $14 or so for it...might as well have a friend play it if they're into it.  Anyway, the last game I added to Gamepedia was 'Ever Oasis'!  In May of this year, I only added three new games to my collection, but every other month for ages has been 10+.  That's two games a week on average.

Kinda proud of myself for slowing down, BUT I did actually buy another game today.  Gamefly posted their monthly clearance sale, so I grabbed 'Halo Wars 2' for $14.99.  I passed on Prey for $19.99, 'Mafia III' for $17.99 and 'Steep' for $14.99, though I do want to play all of those games eventually.  Should I grab them now, knowing I can't play FIVE games at once?  They'll either get lower, or get lower digitally, right?

I don't play on Steam, so let me stop you right there.  I just won't play them on Steam, even if they're free.  Nothing against Steam, I just know myself and I won't get around to doing it.
'Agents of Mayhem' feels weird.  Not in a bad way necessarily, but as a long-time Saint's Row fan, I just expected SR with a new coat of paint.  AOM doesn't really feel like that.  It has a new engine, and it feels...different.  Slower and bigger and less accessible.  Just as far as going from SRIV where you're sprinting around town faster than a car can move, and jumping several city blocks in one button press, I guess AOM has to feel slower.  There are a million upgrade trees and unlockables and crafting and all these different upgrade mechanics, so maybe at some point in my playthrough I'll be hauling ass around town, but for right now it's a lot of climbing to the top of a building and seeing nothing in terms of collectibles, or hot spots.  Using my location scanner and not really seeing anything pop up on it.  Ever.  (That's not true, twice I've found treasure chests out of 100's of button presses.)  I'm willing to dig deeper, but it kinda feels like the free-to-play version and I need to buy a premium unlock to fully explore the world.  If that makes sense.  I'm sure I'll be writing more about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment