Sunday, September 13, 2009
Green Island - 80 points - Xbox Indie Game
The rundown from Xbox.com:
Name:GREEN ISLAND,Genre:ACTION,A BUTTON:The bubble is shot.,B BUTTON:Jump, Y BUTTON:Menu,Copyright 2009 Alpha Secret Base. All Rights Reserved.
- Clever puzzle design with action elements
- TONS of options (stage select, replay, 16bit-era options screen with sound tests, language selection, tutorial, time attack, etc.)
- Lots of levels
- Great colors with decent 16bit-era graphics
- A lot of content for only 80 points
- Constantly challenging with a comfortable learning curve
- Incredibly messy, text-heavy interface
- Several elements are lost in translation
- Annoying, generic lo-fi soundtrack
- Bizarre, tacked-on back story involving a quest for a pumpkin pie recipe
Overall: Very solid puzzler. A must-buy at 80 pts for puzzle fans.
Click here to add trial version to your download queue.
This review was based on the trial version of 'Green Island'.